When a medical emergency happens in the outdoors you will need to be able to treat injuries and illnesses with a minimum of kit and resources and you will have to rely on your knowledge and skill in first aid.
This course focus on teaching you the first aid skills to be able to provide medical assistance in the outdoors when a patient is far away from professional emergency medical services.
WHAT SKILLS WILL I LEARN ON THIS COURSE ?
- Keeping yourself safe in an emergency.
- Scene safety.
- Primary and secondary victim assessment.
- Mobility injuries.
- Internal and external bleeding.
- Insect bites and stings.
- Snake bite treatment.
- Injected, absorbed and swallowed poisons.
- Burn wounds.
- Choking and drowning emergencies.
- Knife and gunshot wounds.
- Life threatening emergencies.
- CPS and oxygen administration.
- Using an IV.
- Adrenaline treatment.
- Packing a personal medic kit and medication.
This course is open to anyone regardless of age or physical ability. Kids under 16 years of age need to be accompanied by an adult.
AVAILABLE COURSE DATES :
2021 Course dates : 16 March / 12 June / 2 October
COURSE TIME : Saturday 08h00 – 17h00
HOW TO BOOK THIS COURSE :
- OPTION 1 : Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for manual registration and secure EFT payment.
- OPTION 2 : Add this course to your online shopping cart, register with a username and password, and pay through our secure online PAYFAST payment platform. We will contact you to book you on a date of your choice.
” THE PERFECT GIFT ” ( Gift voucher available for this course )