On this 1-day BASIC knife making course you will learn how to forge a knife blade in fire and make your own survival knife.
You will learn all the principles of knife making and you will also learn the craft of leather work and make a beautiful leather pouch to complete your knife !
WHAT SKILLS WILL I LEARN ON THIS COURSE ?
- The principles of a fire forge.
- Safety around the forge.
- Working with intense heat.
- Forging techniques and principles.
- Steel structures, hardening and shaping.
- Blade designs.
- Forging your own survival blade.
- Wrapping a paracord handle for your knife.
- Make a complete beautiful survival knife.
This course is open to anyone regardless of age or physical ability. Kids under 16 years of age need to be accompanied by an adult.
AVAILABLE COURSE DATES :
2020 Course dates : 14 November / 5 December
2021 Course dates : 3 April / 26 June / 18 September / 11 December
COURSE TIME : Saturday 09h00 – 16h00
HOW TO BOOK THIS COURSE :
- OPTION 1 : Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for manual registration and secure EFT payment.
- OPTION 2 : Add this course to your online shopping cart, register with a username and password, and pay through our secure online PAYFAST payment platform. We will contact you to book you on a date of your choice.
” THE PERFECT GIFT ” ( Gift voucher available for this course )