To be able to accurately navigate in the outdoors with a map and compass and to be able to find your direction with an intimate knowledge of natural navigation is a lost art.
This course focus on modern and ancient navigation techniques and you will leave this course being able to accurately use a compass and map and also competent to use natural navigation skills to navigate in the outdoors.
WHAT SKILLS WILL I LEARN ON THIS COURSE ?
* How to use a modern magnetic compass.
* How to read a map and map legends.
* How to find your declination anywhere in the world.
* How to use declination in taking compass bearings.
* How to navigate with your map and compass.
* How to draw your own maps and 3D maps.
* Finding your own pacing and step correction.
* How to “aim off” to hit the target.
* Calculating heights and distances.
* Special forces navigation tips and tricks.
* Making an otimani sun compass.
All food and accommodation is provided for this course. You will sleep in a hammock under the stars and experience the comfort of this amazing sleeping system.
Course Duration : 2 Days/1 Night … Course Size : Maximum 15 Students … Course Price : R1395-00
This course is open to anyone regardless of age or ability and will teach you all the skills you need to accurately navigate in the wild. This is an awesome experience and life skills that will last a lifetime !
LIMITED SPACE … Treat yourself, bring a FRIEND or buy this course as a GIFT VOUCHER …
“The ability to read a map and navigate in the outdoors is a skill that everyone should learn. I have had a very good experience on this course and have learn so much. Drawing my own map was a highlight and really build my confidence !” Linda Pienaar – FOURWAYS