Begin your journey of discovery on this weekend survival course where you will learn all the principles of survival from a safe and comfortable bushcamp. All the skills on the course is expertly demonstrated and explained in detail by our instructors after which you will get the opportunity to try the skills for yourself. This course is structured to allow student interaction with the instructor and other students which encourages a student to challenge his/her abilities and to master skills at their own pace.
What will you learn on the course ?
* The basics of survival including the rule of 3 principle.
* How to pack a survival kit for survival.
* How to safely use your knife for cutting and carving.
* How to make cordage and rope from plants.
* How to protect yourself against the elements and build a shelter.
* How to make fire in the outdoors. Including friction fire lighting.
* What food you can find in the wild.
* How to trap and hunt animals for food.
* How to find, collect, filter and purify water.
* How to navigate accurately in the wild.
* How to treat basic injuries in the wild.
* How to get rescued.
* How to sharpen your knife.
Food for this course is provided and you will sleep comfortably in a hammock which is also supplied for the course. This is a great experience if you have never slept in a hammock before. Your course leader for this course is Herman Roos.
This course is open to anyone regardless of age or physical ability …
Course Duration : 2 days / 1 night
Course Price : R1295-00
Treat yourself, bring a FRIEND or buy this course as a GIFT to someone special ! GIFT VOUCHERS available